Entertaining Yourself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertaining Yourself

When you're in the middle of a bad date, what are the things that you would do to keep yourself entertained? If we haven't ordered yet, it would be ordering something heavy like a steak so that I will just focus on the food that I'm eating

I would just tell him that something important came up and I need to leave. So we have to finish the date some other time

Comment

• Vamala
      Vamala commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you at least retried that date as promised just to see if you can make it a good one?

• JoHeyAnn
      JoHeyAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      That tactic is not a nice one. How many times have you done it?

• ToastyNips
      ToastyNips commented
      Editing a comment
      I have this fake call app. I just need to activate it and voila an emergency call would be received. I would leave immediately and the problem is solved.

Normally, I would just ask questions and just roll with it until it's finished. But there are times that I will just tell him that it's not working out and just jet.

Comment

• CocoM
      CocoM commented
      Editing a comment
      Really depends on the guy huh. Some pain might just be worth enduring if the guy is really cute. lol

• BrackCutt
      BrackCutt commented
      Editing a comment
      We can always make an effort to make it a good one. Doesn't matter if you have a bad start as long you can finish it on a good note.

For me, I'd just feast on the wines and keep myself hammered. It's fun and it works.

Comment

• Kara0990
      Kara0990 commented
      Editing a comment
      That method makes everything interesting and make your date a little bit better too.

• RiparianPan
      RiparianPan commented
      Editing a comment
      After drinking some wines, the date would not be boring anymore as you would be able to talk with any topic that you could think of.

Some would find this way unusual but what I do is to make the whole date about me. Like, I'll vent out about whatever or tell some stories. The basic idea is to redirect all things to me to forget about the thing that makes the date bad.

Comment

• HEYGhoul
      HEYGhoul commented
      Editing a comment
      And I'm guessing that was the last time you've heard from that guy? lol

• CocoM
      CocoM commented
      Editing a comment
      HEYGhoul No. He asked for a second one! I was like: "Seriously!?" But I rejected his request so there was no second date anymore.

I often have an idea before hand if the date would turn out great or not. When I feel that it would be a bad one, I would suggest that we have a drinking game

Comment

• Beandern
      Beandern commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if he doesn't want to do drinking game with you?

• Vamala
      Vamala commented
      Editing a comment
      Who knew that the game I learned from school can be used in real life dating. lol

A steak is only a small piece of meat. You would be done eating it after few minutes.
    Anyway, to keep my self entertained, I would usually watch the live band at the stage. Some restaurants have bands playing so I better watch them play.

Comment

• BrackCutt
      BrackCutt commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. A steak would only take few minutes to consume. As for the live band, they would be there for a longer time even lasting for few hours.
Working...
X